Panopto Authorization Error
Authorization Error: “Panopto authorization needed in order to view this bulb. Please login to your Panopto account, or make sure you have an already validated Panopto session in order to continue.”
This error means that the Panopto video is restricted or unlisted.
- Select “Click to sign in and play video.”
- Enter your NetID credentials in the login window.
- Refresh the page.
If this message loops and you still cannot sign into Panopto to view the video, select UA Tools > Panopto in the course nav bar. This will authenticate you in Panopto to give you proper access. Then, return to the course site, refresh the page, and try playing the bulb again.
If you still see the error, please make sure third party cookies are enabled in your browser.
How to enable third party cookies in:
- Safari (uncheck "Prevent Cross Site Tracking")
- In Chrome's settings, under Cookies and other site data, add an exception for "[*.]playposit.com" without the quotation marks.
- If in incognito mode, turn off Block third-party cookies.
See PlayPosit's article about viewing bulbs with Panopto videos here for more info.